Candy isn’t everything on Halloween (Keenan would beg to differ!), and with so many allergies or food sensitivities these days, I’m thinking of handing out non-candy treats, or at least have a bowl of non-candy ones and a bowl of candy. We don’t eat or buy candy in our house, so Halloween is the one time of year that we allow our kids to have a few pieces, but it still gets to me! At the end of the day, Halloween only comes once a year, but I like to keep it somewhat healthy. This year, I’m planning to offer a few of these 5 healthy and fun non-candy treats…
1. Applesauce Mummy Pouches. It takes a little bit of time to prep these, but I’m planning to have Keenan help me.
2. Bubbles! Everyone loves bubbles, and I love the ghost idea. Even if I don’t have the time to make the “ghost,” I plan to pick up some inexpensive mini bubbles at the dollar store to add to our bowl.
3. Frankenstein Apples. Apples are not exactly exciting to every child, but I love this idea! This would be fun for Keenan’s class.
4. Popcorn hands. My kids LOVE popcorn so I’m definitely going to try doing these. If I don’t have time, I’m at least going to plan on handing out the snack size bags of popcorn.
5. Boo-nana Pops. I absolutely love this idea! Though these aren’t a good option for handing out on Halloween, they are a great idea for a party!
What are some other non-candy Halloween treats?