Since the 4th of July is on Saturday, it’s time to start thinking about side dishes that pair well with BBQ fare and that do well in the heat (at least in our area since it’s suppose to be 100+ degrees, yikes!).
I’m all about easy side salads that are loaded with veggies and lots of flavor to pair well with grilled meats to round out any backyard BBQ menu. One of my favorite Summer foods is grilled corn on the cob, but I hate how it gets caught in my teeth. Instead of eating it off the cob, I love to shave off the corn, add some black beans, onions, tomatoes, cheese, avocado and make a simple lime dressing that holds up well in the heat. It’s my husband’s favorite salad that I make during the Summer.
So, here are my 5 Summer Salads that I love to make for any BBQ…
1. Grilled Corn Fiesta Salad (I’m bringing this to our friends’ 4th of July party this weekend!)
2. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (so easy and quick to prepare!)
3. Grilled Peach and Green Bean Salad with Feta Cheese (Keenan’s favorite!)
4. Grilled Cabbage Salad (paleo-friendly!)
5. Watermelon Salad with Basil and Feta Cheese (so refreshing for a hot day)
What are your go-to dishes to make for a Summer BBQ?
What are your favorite Summer foods?
What are your plans for the 4th?