We had a marvelous, productive weekend that included an “at home date night” on Friday starting with one of my favorite appetizers…Bruschetta! Who doesn’t love grilled bread spread with olive oil and fresh garlic, and topped with juicy ripe tomatoes and fresh basil? All I can say is HOLY YUM!
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
- 1 heaping mound of fresh-picked cherry tomatoes, variety not important as long as they're nice and ripe (enough that you can barely hold all of them with your hands cupped together)
- 1 handful of fresh-picked basil leaves
- sea salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- good olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Halve or chop the tomatoes into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Chop basil and add to the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and olive oil until it tastes good. Set aside to let the flavors meld.
- Turn on gas grill to high, or prep a wood/charcoal grill for a moderate/high heat.
- Slice ciabatta into nice size pieces. Once the grill is hot, drizzle some olive oil on both sides of the bread, and grill until browned.
- Rub one side of each slice of bread with the garlic. Savor the smell!
- Top each slice with the tomato mixture and enjoy!
As always, thanks Katie for hosting another Marvelous In My Monday link up! If you haven’t already, you must visit her blog and see her adorable little guy!
What was marvelous about your weekend?
What is your favorite appetizer?