I was going to apologize for being MIA from my blog for several months, but then I thought, why should I? Life is what happened, and why I have been away. I always tell my clients that they need to MAKE time to exercise and schedule it into their day like they would any other appointment, and yet, I haven’t been doing the same in regards to blogging. I love blogging, but I’ve let life get in the way, focusing on my Juice Plus and personal training/wellness coaching business a little more than my blog.
So, needless to say, it’s time to get back into the arena and start blogging again, even if it’s only once a week. To kick off my return to blogging, I thought I would share one of my family’s favorite winter recipes that some of my friends and clients have been asking about…Butternut Squash Chili in the Instant Pot.
This recipe is SUPER easy, perfect for those crazy busy weeknights. You literally chop up everything, toss it into your instant pot (or slow-cooker) and let it rip.
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled, seeded and chopped into cubes)
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 cans low-sodium black beans
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped finely)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In your instant pot, press saute and caramelize onion and bell pepper together with olive oil and garlic until browned.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Close and seal your instant pot and cook on "manual" for 16 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally and serve topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and slices of avocado.
If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can cook the chili in your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
What is your favorite Instant Pot recipe? I’m looking for some new ideas!