I finally got around to updating this recipe. It is a favorite in our household that I make at least a few times a month (my white rice lover husband even requests it!). Enjoy!
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (sliced in half)
- 4 Italian sausages (diced) or 12 oz. of chicken (chopped)2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Wash and chop cauliflower. Place in a large microwaveable dish and microwave on high for 7-10 minutes (until steamed).
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and garlic. Next, add chicken or sausages and cook until browned (a few minutes).
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Once cauliflower is steamed, place into a food processor and pulse, until it is the consistency of rice (you may need to do this in two batches). *Make sure not to “over pulse” it, or the cauliflower will become mushy when cooked.
- Add cauliflower, sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes. Cook until cauliflower becomes browned.
- Divide rice among four plates and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Enjoy!