My husband and I had been thinking about getting an electric pressure cooker for a while, but we weren’t willing to spend over $100 to get one (even though the time that it would save cooking dinner would be worth it!). So, when Amazon had their awesome deals a couple of weeks ago, we jumped on it and finally got the Instant Pot! Since I am so used to using my crock pot, it has taken me a while to get used to the pressure cooker. But, after a couple of weeks, I LOVE my Instant Pot! Frozen pork chops or chicken breasts cooked in less than 25 minutes, YES, PLEASE!!
With that being said, I’ve been using my Instant Pot for almost everything now, even hard boiled eggs and ribs! I used to make this Chicken Ratatouille in my crock pot taking 3-4 hours, but now that I use my pressure cooker, it is done in less than 25 minutes, perfect for our crazy busy weeknights!
- 3 frozen boneless chicken thighs
- 6-7 large zucchini (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1-7 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place frozen chicken thighs on the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and seal lid. Cook on manual setting for 25 minutes. When finished, let pressure release naturally (about 10 minutes) and serve over your choice of noodles (we love Trader Joe's brown rice and quinoa spiral noodles!).
If you don't have an electric pressure cooker, you can use your crock pot following the same steps, but cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.