This is another recipe that I recently came across and updated. I adapted it from Frugal Foodie Mama. It is super easy and one my family’s favorite crock pot meals! As an added bonus, it is Paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
- 2-3 pork chops or boneless country pork ribs (frozen)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium apples (any kind), cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- Mix apple sauce, vinegar, mustard, apple sauce, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place apples and onions at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place pork on top of the apples and onions.
- Top with mustard mixture, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
To make it a balanced meal, add a green salad on the side.