I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is enjoying their day off (for those of you that work outside the home) in honor of Veteran’s Day! Thank you to all those who have served or are still serving our country.
We had a great weekend starting with family movie night watching Monsters Inc, working on projects around the house, taking family/maternity photos and ending with a delicious dinner at my parents’ (I just love my mom’s cooking!). But, for this week’s Marvelous In My Monday, I’m FINALLY sharing my Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago. It is a naked quiche (healthier for you since it lost its crust), as my husband likes to say. It’s marvelous because it is super simple to make and SO delicious! It’s definitely one my new favorite ways to use broccoli these days!
Here’s the recipe…
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie plate with a little olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saute pan, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic with onions. Add broccoli and cook until slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, mustard and spices together.
- Add broccoli mixture to pie pan and pour egg mixture on top, making sure to coat all of the broccoli.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 40-45 minutes, until slightly browned and bubbly (making sure a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Serve with a side salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Thanks, Katie, for always hosting MIMM! Be sure to check out her blog and her cute little Rocco!
What is your favorite way to cook and/or eat broccoli?
What was marvelous about your weekend?