My husband actually stumbled upon a recipe for Chunky Monkey Cookies a while ago. I was intrigued since the recipe was so simple and all of the ingredients were so good for you! I tweaked it a little to add my own twist, but I have to say, these Funky Monkey Cookies are delicious! They are drop cookies, so they don’t flatten out or look like your perfect little cookie, but I can assure you that they taste great and are nice and moist! They make a great pre or post-workout snack, too!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas until creamy in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let your batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a spoon and drop batter by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set (but not too firm).