Keenan requested pancakes yesterday morning, so I thought it would be fun to experiment a little, adding spinach, ground flax seed and some almond flour. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they turned out! They were a big hit with Keenan because as we were eating breakfast he said, “Mommy, these are my favorite! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1/2 cup almond four
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp any milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted) + 1 tsp for your griddle
- 3/4 - 1 cup chopped spinach (depending on how much spinach you want)
- Whisk eggs in a medium size bowl until frothy. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well (but not too much).
- Preheat griddle to medium heat and add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until golden browned on both sides).
- Once done, add your favorite toppings, like melted almond butter, coconut butter, or maple syrup and serve immediately. Enjoy!