Since we returned from our little trip to Oregon on Tuesday, this wee k has gotten away from me. In addition, my husband and I are leaving for a little belated anniversary getaway to the North Coast in the morning (while Keenan stays with the grandparents!), so I’m frantically trying to get everything ready while catching-up from the two days I missed this week. Speaking of, while I’m gone tomorrow, I have a great guest post planned from another one of my favorite bloggers who is also pregnant with baby #2, so be sure to check out her post!
Enough rambling, let’s get to the good stuff…Grilled Peach and Green Bean Salad with Feta Cheese! Since peach season has pretty much ended, I wanted to make good use out of the few peaches we had left by making this delicious salad again. We have enjoyed this a few times over the past couple of months and I have to say it is probably my favorite Summer salad.
- 2 ripe (but firm) peaches
- 1.5 lbs of green beans (trimmed, washed and cut in half)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 8 oz. cooked chicken (chopped)
- Feta cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- *Optional: 1/4 cup roasted walnuts (chopped)
- Steam or blanch green beans and let cool.
- Slice peaches and onions and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place green beans in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Place peaches and onions on grill (highest heat setting possible) and cook for a couple of minutes per side (until they have nice dark spots/grill marks without any charring).
- Meanwhile, add green beans to a grilling basket or pan and place on the grill. Toss occasionally and make sure to watch them, as the hotter the grill, the more attention they require. Cook until the beans get nice dark spots (no charring).
- Once veggies and peaches are cooked, chop onion and peaches and place in a large bowl. Add green beans and chicken. Drizzle with a little balsamic and apple cider vinegar to taste. Sprinkle with some freshly cracked black pepper and toss until well combined.
- Divide salad among three plates/bowls and sprinkle with feta cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Instead of chicken, you could also use pancetta or bacon!
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you all next week!
What is your favorite Summer salad?
Have you grilled peaches or other stone fruit before?