I hope everyone had a marvelous weekend! We had a nice weekend getting more things done around the house, well, more specifically my garage gym! My husband installed my pull up bars, so now we just have to clean everything up and it is good to go! We also met up with some friends we hadn’t seen in a long time on Saturday night and enjoyed a nice relaxing day on Sunday.
Anyhow, for today’s Marvelous In My Monday post, I thought I would share some pretty marvelous (Healthier) Funky Monkey Brownies that I made last week. One of the marvelous things about them is you don’t have to feel too guilty when you eat one, since they contain oat flour and xylitol.
Since I was craving something with chocolate and peanut butter, and I had some overripe bananas sitting around, I thought brownies would be easy to throw together using all three ingredients. So, I “winged it” and to my pleasant surprise, they came out great!! They are dense, decadent, and perfectly moist!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips (1/2 dark and 1/2 semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat and set aside.
- In mixer, beat eggs, xylitol and vanilla on high for about 10 minutes.
- Blend chocolate mixture, flour, salt until just mixed.
- Meanwhile warm peanut butter in microwave for 30-40 seconds until thinned. Mix bananas and peanut butter together in a small bowl.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Spread peanut butter mixture on top.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate mixture on top.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.*Make sure to not overbake! Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Thanks, Katie, for always hosting MIMM! Be sure to check out her blog for all of her marvelous happenings!
Have a good one!
Have you ever changed up a recipe (swapping in healthier ingredients for not-so-healthy ones) and it turned out to be a disaster? If so, what did you make?
How do you like your brownies…thick and decadent or cake like?
If you are having dessert, do you prefer the “real deal” with no healthier substitutions or do you like it to be a tad healthier?