We are big on pancakes in our household, having them at least twice a week and freezing leftovers for quick breakfasts on hectic mornings. I usually make my pancakes with almond or oat flour and just switch up the ingredients (whether using almond milk or regular milk, Greek yogurt, egg or egg whites and adding in PB2 powder, dried berries, banana slices or maybe a few chocolate chips!).
Last week I decided to change things up a bit and add in my Juice Plus Vanilla Complete to the batter for some added nutrition (and protein). As you can see, Mirella LOVED them, especially since she inhaled two whole pancakes in a matter of minutes!
But, the real taste tester in our family is my husband. If they don’t taste like “real pancakes,” then he is not a fan.
So…the verdict? He approved them as coming pretty darn close to “real pancakes!” I beg to differ as they are “the real deal” in my opinion! I’ll definitely be adding these pancakes to my regular rotation, especially since they have so much added nutrition from the Juice Plus Complete!
- 1 1/2 scoops Juice Plus Vanilla Complete (or any vanilla protein powder)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil (and more for greasing your griddle)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Make sure not to over-mix.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and grease with a little bit of grapeseed oil (I like to dab a little bit onto a paper towel and rub it all around the bottom of my pan) or nonstick cooking spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter, pour into pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Flip the pancakes once you see bubbles forming on the pancakes. Cook for an additional couple of minutes and serve immediately with your favorite toppings or save in a dish until all pancakes are cooked.
Also, mark your calendars for my 30-Day Shape-Up For Summer Challenge starting next Friday, May 1st! Anyone can enter and all those who complete the challenge will be entered into a drawing to win fun prizes! If you are interested in signing up for the challenge, email me at melissa@deliciouslyFIT.guru.
What are your favorite pancakes?
Have you ever added protein powder to your pancakes?