Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and a great day yesterday celebrating all of the dads out there!
My husband and I had a very productive weekend of packing. We were able to get all of our kitchen boxed up, only leaving a few essentials for us to cook with this week, and took a few pictures off our walls. After packing all day on Saturday, we decided to postpone our move date to next Monday, to give us a little more time to pack and clean our new house before moving in. Even though it gives us a couple more days, we still have A LOT to do in such a short amount of time!
Yesterday, after doing some more packing in the morning, we headed to my parents’ house to pick up Keenan and stay for a barbecue and swimming to celebrate my amazing husband and my wonderful dad for Father’s Day. It was a very nice and relaxing afternoon, something we needed after non-stop packing all weekend!
Anyhow, I’m SUPER excited to share some great news and a marvelous new recipe that I finally got around to finalizing…Oven Baked Zucchini Chips for this week’s Marvelous In My Monday (thanks to Katie for always hosting!)!
A while back, The Naked Label, a coalition of Nutritionists and other health professionals that provide a wealth of wonderful resources ranging from healthy recipes, articles, tips and finding a local Nutritionist with the mission that everyone can Be Healthy & Feel Fabulous, asked me to partner with them in sharing some of my recipes on their site. I was thrilled that they asked me, as I have frequented their site in the past and have always wondered how I could be a part of it. So, today is the day, and a collection of my recipes are now featured on their site, as well as my wellness coaching and personal training business! Check it out!
Now, onto this delicious side dish, perfect if you are having burgers. I made these a couple of weekends ago, adapting it from a recipe that I saw in an old Cooking Light magazine. They were so good that I’m planning to make them again this week!
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of low-fat milk (any milk is fine)
- 4 1/2 cups sliced zucchini, about (1/4-1/2 inch-thick) (about 4 large zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If you have them, place oven-proof wired wracks onto 2 baking sheets.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except for zucchini in a small bowl) and set aside.
- Add milk to another small bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices into milk and then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place zucchini chips onto wracks on baking sheets and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until browned. Serve with your favoring dipping sauce and enjoy as a nice side dish to a burger, grilled panini or other main dish!
What was marvelous about your weekend?
How did you celebrate Father’s Day?
What is your favorite way to prepare and eat zucchini?