This is one my family’s favorite crock pot meals and I love it because it is SO easy to make. It is truly a “fix it or forget it” recipe.
You just toss everything into the crock pot, let it cook for a few hours and then you have a wonderful dinner waiting for you!
- 3 frozen chicken thighs
- 1 can of black beans (low or no sodium)
- 1 can of corn (low or no sodium)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- pinch of salt to taste
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place frozen chicken on the bottom of the crock pot. Meanwhile, mix black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, salsa, cilantro and spices in a small bowl.
- Place bean mixture on top of chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- When ready to serve, divide among 3 plates, top with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, and slices of avocado.