Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter, better yet, in a single serving brownie that is ooey, gooey and warm on a chilly winter day? I do! I usually make an afternoon chocolate and peanut butter protein shake that Keenan and I split, but now that the weather is cooler, it’s just too cold for shakes. So, I did some experimenting and used most of the same ingredients in our shake to make a microwave brownie for one. I hadn’t made a “mug cake” before, but I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out! Keenan LOVED our little experimentation which has become our regular afternoon snack these days! I love that we still gain the same nutrition benefits as our shake, but it’s now in a nice warm brownie!
So, for today’s What I Ate Wednesday, I thought I would share my super simple Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Mug Brownie…
- 1 scoop Juice Plus Chocolate Complete Shake powder
- 3 Tbsp PB2 powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk is fine)
- pinch of salt
- In a small microwave safe bowl or mug, mix dry ingredients (except for 2 Tbsp PB2 powder).
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 Tbsp PB2 powder with 1 Tbsp of water in a small bowl and spread on top of brownie for your "frosting." Enjoy while your brownie is still nice and warm!
You can use any chocolate protein powder if you don't have Juice Plus Chocolate Complete.
Have you made a microwave mug cake or brownie before?
Do you drink shakes or eat ice cream in the Winter, or do you switch to warm foods?