I’ve been anxious for Friday to get here to share with you my new FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe! Let me just warn you that these cookies are no where near healthy, in fact they are probably the most unhealthiest thing I have posted on my blog. I’m a big advocate for eating everything within moderation and these are worth every last calorie, refined sugar and flour morsel! Trust me, you will see. A little indulgence every once in a while is good for you, especially if you don’t eat them all the time, right?
Since these cookies have become my favorite and are just too good, I’m skipping my typical Friday Favorites post to share this incredible recipe and make you drool over these chewy, chocolaty, mouth-watering cookies. I don’t think my pictures do these cookies justice, because they are truly THAT good!
When my husband forwarded me the recipe a while back, I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first because the recipe calls for vanilla instant pudding mix, but to my surprise, the pudding made these cookies creamy and super soft. In addition, the recipe calls for 4 cups of chocolate chips, so my little baking assistant was in heaven, especially since he loves to snack on a few (rather sneak a few!) before adding them to the recipe.
I wish I could take credit for this awesome recipe, but sadly, I can’t . It is from Allrecipes.
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are slightly brown. Make sure to not over bake them!
I baked mine for 11 minutes and that seemed to be perfect, but depending on your oven, you may need to bake them a little less or a little more.
Have a wonderful weekend! I’ll keep you posted if baby #2 decides to arrive early!
Also, don’t forget to enter a chance to win a jar of almond butter from Paleo Sweet Tooth! Giveaway ends Monday, Feb. 10th! To enter, click here.
What is your favorite cookie recipe?
Do you allow yourself to indulge in foods that aren’t so healthy here and there?
Any fun plans for the weekend?