Since I eat this almost everyday, I thought it was only fitting to update this recipe. It is by far one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast because it keeps me satisfied for a long time! I just can’t get enough of this stuff, and Keenan loves it, too!
- - 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed (ground)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind, i.e. almond milk works great!)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 banana (mashed)
- handful of chopped spinach *optional
- handful of dried blueberries *optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a small sauce pot.
- Cook on the stove on medium heat, constantly stirring, to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Cook until it reaches a thick consistency like oatmeal.
- Top with fresh berries, chopped nuts, a scoop of almond butter or peanut butter and enjoy!
I like to add a handful of chopped spinach to the mix for some added veggies, along with dried blueberries and topped with a dollop of almond butter. It is SO good! If I have leftover roasted butternut squash or sweet potatoes from dinner the night before, I'll add those instead of spinach and berries, which is also really good!
You can also make this the night before and store in the fridge. In the morning, warm it up in the microwave or on the stove for 1-2 minutes and your breakfast is ready!