I hope you all had a great and restful weekend! We had another productive weekend, slowly, but surely getting more things done around our house, including the baby’s room. The room is almost ready, except for a few boxes of office things that we need to move into the office, sort through and organize. Other than that, it’s setting up the book case, changing table and putting the bedding on the crib. I’m hoping it all be done by the end of next weekend!
Anyhow, I had an INTENSE craving for burgers and fries this weekend, so my husband made his awesome turkey burgers and I made my usual oven-baked sweet potato fries to go along with them. After making the fries, I realized I have never shared the recipe with you all, so I thought it would be a good one for today’s Marvelous In My Monday!
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into wedges about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Add sweet potatoes to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss sweet potatoes with spices until well coated.
- Place sweet potatoes onto two baking sheets and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until brown and crispy on the edges.
- Enjoy alongside your favorite burger or sandwich!
Serve fries with your favorite condiment like ketchup or my favorite, tzatziki sauce!
Thanks, Katie, for hosting another MIMM!
What was marvelous about your weekend?
What do you prefer to eat with your burger?