Happy Hump Day!
I’m so excited to share my Overnight Protein Oats recipe with you all because it’s super simple to make and such a great on-the-go breakfast!
I don’t know why I waited to make these until now. I have seen various recipes on several blogs, but I never thought to try any until last weekend, and I’m so glad that I did! This is one of my new favorite breakfasts and I can’t stop eating it! I’ve made this every night for Keenan and I since last Friday and we both can’t get enough of it! Also, I love tweaking it a little to change the flavor, depending on what I’m in the mood for.
So, here you go!
- 2/3 cup quick oats (you can use whole oats if you like)
- 2/3 cup milk (any kind will do)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup egg white protein powder
- 1 banana (mashed)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of nut butter, nuts and/or fruit. Enjoy!
For a thinner consistency, use a little more milk. Also, if you prefer a warm bowl of oats, you can heat it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes prior to eating.
Since it’s Wednesday and I haven’t done a What I Ate Wednesday post in over two months, I’m joining Jenn today for her fabulous link up party.
Enjoy your day!
Have you ever tried overnight oats?
What is your favorite go-to quick breakfast?
Do you prefer a warm or cold breakfast?