After making Kid-Friendly Paleo Nutty Banana Bread a few weeks ago and it turning out so good, I thought I would experiment with making a similar one, but with cherries (since we have so many from my family’s farm). It turned out really well, though a tad crumbly. Keenan didn’t mind the crumbles as he shoved it into his mouth as a little treat after lunch today!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) + 1 1/2 tsp for greasing your loaf pan
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed (ground)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cherries (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9X5 loaf pan with 1-1 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add vanilla, almond milk, honey and coconut oil.
- Blend all dry ingredients (except for almonds and cherries) together in a medium size bowl.
- Lastly, fold in almonds and cherries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes with foil on top. After 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until browned and the center comes out clean when poked with a toothpick.
- Let cool and slice. Eat plain or serve with some almond butter spread on top!