These paleo cookies are one of my family’s favorite recipes, in fact my husband thinks they are some of the best cookies he has ever eaten (which is saying a lot)! They are not too sweet, high in protein and loaded with lots of good stuff while staying perfectly moist (my kind of cookie!). They also make a great pre or post-workout snack, too!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (depending on how chocolaty you want your cookies to be)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray nonstick spray on two cookie sheets
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a small bowl and gently mix into dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Form dough into small balls, place onto prepared cookie sheets and press them down.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until lightly browned (but don’t over bake). Let cool and enjoy!
These cookies don’t rise and spread out as regular chocolate chip cookies, so make sure to press them down, otherwise the cookies will stay in the shape of a ball.