I’ve always heard about “mashed cauliflower,” but never made it until last night. We eat a lot of cauliflower rice, so I decided to change things up after seeing this recipe from Farmgirl Fare. To make it Paleo, I tweaked some things and it was still wonderfully delicious!
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Steam cauliflower with garlic using a steamer basket, in a medium size pot. Fill with a few inches of water and cover. Cook over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and garlic into a colander and put it in a food processor, along with the rest of your ingredients.
- Blend until creamy and serve warm as a nice side to chicken, pork, fish or beef.
Question: How do you like to prepare cauliflower? In addition to “ricing it,” I love to roast it and drizzle balsamic vinegar on top!