Since Fall is in the (dusty, walnut harvest) air, I’m SO ready for pumpkin foods! Fall is my favorite time of year just so I have an excuse to consume anything pumpkin! One of my favorite ways is adding it to oatmeal for a creamy, bowl of pumpkin pie oats! Since I had some canned pumpkin leftover from my Pumpkin Pie Oat Pancakes the other day, I decided it was a good day to whip up a batch of Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal and top it with some Diamond glazed walnuts (since we are walnut growers!). It was like having dessert for breakfast!
For some reason I thought I had posted this recipe a while ago, but I guess I didn’t. So, here you go…creamy, pumpkin goodness…
- 1 1/2 cups quick whole oats
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- glazed walnuts (optional)
- Add milk to a medium size sauce pot and turn heat on high. Once it starts to boil, add oats, pumpkin, sugar and spices.
- Turn heat to medium/low and whisk until blended. Cook 2-3 minutes, until it thickens to desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and top with chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
What is your favorite pumpkin food/recipe?
What is your favorite Fall food?