As I was going through my blog the other day, I realized I have not posted a new recipe since last October! I can’t believe that! I’ve been enjoying experimenting with new meal ideas for my family, but for whatever reason, I have failed at posting any. So…I’m adding an additional goal to my list of goals for 2016, to post at least one new recipe a month!
I’m super excited to share this recipe. I love oven-baked sweet potato fries, but who knew carrots could also make great fries!
Here is my family’s new favorite way to eat carrots (Mirella eats 3 portions of these and still ask for more!)…
- 1 lb. large whole carrots washed and cut into "fries" (you can peel them if you desire)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic no salt seasoning
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix washed and cut carrots in a large bowl with olive oil and all spices.
- Spread out carrots (making sure they do not touch each other) on 2 large baking sheets.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until browned and starting to crisp.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce (we love to make homemade ketchup!) or garnish, such as a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and feta cheese!
What is your favorite “go-to” veggie dish?