Happy Hump Day!
I’m FINALLY starting to feel a tad better today. The pressure in my head is starting to go away and my sinuses are now draining. But, my poor husband is in the thick of it and not feeling well at all. I hope he feels better soon so we can get rid of these awful germs!
Anyhow, for this week’s What I Ate Wednesday, I’m excited to share this hearty one-pot meal with you…Roasted Cauliflower Arugula Salad! I posted it over a year ago on my old site, but I recently made it again, so I thought I would re-post it. For some reason I seem to forget about this salad, but it is so good that I always promise to make it more often (especially since Keenan and my husband love it, too!)
So, here you go…
- 1 large head (or 2 small heads) of cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 bag of arugula
- 4-5 slices of thick cut bacon (diced and cooked)
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Place chopped cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil on top, as well as a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Combine, so all of the cauliflower is thoroughly coated. Roast for 20-30 minutes at 425 degrees (until golden brown).
- Add arugula to a large bowl, along with pine nuts, cheese and bacon.
- Mix the rest of the olive oil, vinegars, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add cauliflower to salad and pour dressing on top.
- Toss and divide among two plates. Enjoy!
If you want some more protein, you can always add some grilled chicken or fish!
Thanks, Jenn, for hosting another fabulous WIAW!
Enjoy your day!
What is your favorite salad?
What is your favorite green?
Do you prefer salads as a side dish or as a hearty meal?