Since I had some butternut squash laying around and I wasn’t feeling like roasting it the way I usually do with apples and walnuts, I decided to use it for a savory salad. It was so tasty that it is my new favorite salad at the moment, even Keenan loved it!
- 1 large bag or bunch of baby spinach (rinsed and dried)
- 2 small butternut squash peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 4 oz. cooked prosciutto, pancetta or bacon
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss squash and onions in 1 Tbsp olive oil and spread out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned. Once cooked, take out squash and onions and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Divide spinach among 2 plates, top with butternut squash, then prosciutto, pancetta or bacon, roasted walnuts and feta cheese. Pour dressing on top and enjoy!