I was planning on making my usual Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken, but we had a bottle of red wine open, so I decided to add it along with making a few other changes. To my surprise, it turned out really well! The wine added such a nice richness, so I will definitely be making this again!
- 2 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 glove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients (except for salt and pepper) in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture over chicken, place the lid on top and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with roasted veggies, Paleo Creamy Dreamy Cauliflower, or any side dish!