As I was browsing recipes for some ideas one day, I came across a wonderful tomato tart recipe. I experimented a little, changing a few things and made it today for my grandma. She and Keenan loved it! The flavors of this Tomato Ricotta Tart are so fresh with vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh-picked basil. It is definitely a dish that represents Summer! You can serve it along side a green salad for a simple and complete meal.
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 1 Tbsp
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 large tomatoes (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix breadcrumbs with olive oil in a medium size bowl.
- Press breadcrumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Mix ricotta, cheese, eggs, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and spread over breadcrumbs.
- Layer sliced tomatoes on top of cheese mixture and brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until tomatoes are mostly dry. Let cool, take out of pan and serve warm or cool.
Store the remaining tart in the fridge and enjoy for lunch the next day. Eat it cold or re-heat in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.