Remember I said I was planning to post a new recipe last Wednesday? Well, for today’s What I Ate Wednesday, I’m anxious to share this delicious and simple one-pot meal that has become a family favorite this Winter…Warm Barley Roasted Vegetable Salad.
You can use any grain, but I love the texture, nutty flavor and richness that the barley adds to the salad. You can also use any veggies of your choice; I love the combination of broccoli, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
So, here you go…
- 3 cups cooked barley
- 4 cooked Italian sausages (diced)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 heads broccoli (chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 2 large handfuls of mushrooms (sliced in quarters)
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- 2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Add veggies to a large bowl with 3 Tbsp olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Spread veggies onto 2 baking sheets and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until browned.
- Once veggies are cooked, add them to a large bowl with barley, sausages, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and feta cheese. Toss well.
- Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Thanks, Jenn for always hosting WIAW!
What is your favorite Winter one-pot meal?
What is one thing that you have eaten today?