I’ve been wanting to make a watermelon salad for a while, but I’m not much of a melon fan, so I don’t tend to buy it. Since Keenan asked to have watermelon as part of his birthday party menu last Saturday, we had quite a bit left over, thus perfect for making a salad. I was a little hesitant on how it was going to turn out, but to my surprise, it was delicious and so refreshing for a warm Summer evening! I served it along side my Turkey Taco Pie and Keenan and my husband loved it!
So, here is my Watermelon Salad with Basil and Feta Cheese, the perfect Summer BBQ salad (or end of Summer salad!)…
- 1 small seedless watermelon or 1/2 of a large seedless watermelon cut into large cubes
- 1 bunch of basil (diced)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Allow salad to sit covered in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill and for flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled along side your favorite main dish. Enjoy!
Since it’s Wednesday, I’m joining Jenn for What I Ate Wednesday. Be sure to check out her blog for all of her mouthwatering eats!
Are you a melon fan?
What is your favorite Summer salad?