Happy Hump Day! I went to bed WAY too late last night and Keenan woke up twice again (thankfully, he went right back to sleep, but I’m not sure why he is waking up), so I’m sure feeling it today, as I’ve been dragging since I woke up. When I don’t get enough sleep, my patience immediately decreases with Keenan, so if he isn’t listening to me when I ask him to do something, I always have to take an extra deep breath and make sure to stay calm. I hate feeling like that, so I definitely need to go to bed on time tonight…UGH!
Fortunately, we started the day off with a fun play date of making rhythm instruments out of coffee cans and popcorn kernels at our friend’s house, as part of our MOMs Club. It was good to get out of the house, catch up with other moms and Keenan had fun playing with his favorite buddy!
Anyhow, since it is Wednesday, it is time to link up with Jenn at Peas and Crayons for her fun link up of What I Ate Wednesday.
Here are my eats from today, including a tasty slow-cooker recipe:
– No Oat Oatmeal with spinach, dried blueberries and of course, topped with almond butter! I also enjoyed my morning coffee with with a little bit of leftover homemade whipped cream (made with Xylitol) that my husband made over the weekend (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it!).
I had to take a picture of this, it was too cute: Keenan and my husband eating their breakfasts together this morning!
– Leftover Slow-Cooker Savory Butternut Squash Stew with a dollop of garlic chili paste on top.
– Keenan’s lunch: Enjoying his favorite sandwich, a Micky Mouse Special (peanut butter, honey and banana), with carrots!
– Iced coffee with a tablespoon of milk and a sprinkle of Xylitol to get me through the afternoon!
– Last night: Slow-Cooker Savory Butternut Squash Stew, which was delicious!
That is it for today; it is time to head to CrossFit. Have a great afternoon!
Questions: What was your favorite thing that you ate today? What is on your menu for dinner tonight?