I had wanted a spiralizer for a while, especially seeing so many food bloggers posting delicious zucchini noodle recipes, but my husband didn’t think we needed another “kitchen gadget,” until he surprised me on Christmas with this…
I know, you are probably thinking a spiralizer for my Christmas gift? How unromantic! It was actually the BEST gift ever because I can now make zucchini noodles and all kinds of cool spirals with various veggies! It’s much easier (and safer) then using our mandolin slicer.
Since Christmas I have been making lots of zucchini noodle dishes and last week’s was the best…a spin off from my Cauliflower Rice recipe, Zucchini Mediterranean Pasta, a simple one-pot meal made in less than 30 minutes (perfect for week nights!).
So, here you go…
- 7 medium size zucchini
- 4 pre-cooked Italian sausages (sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic no-salt seasoning
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- feta cheese for sprinkling on top
- Using spiralizer, make zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile saute garlic and onions in olive oil on medium high heat until caramelized.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add sausage, artichokes, olives, tomatoes and spices. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes and toss well.
- Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Enjoy!
Since we are talking food today, I’m also joining Jenn for What I Ate Wednesday. Thanks, Jenn, for always hosting!
Have you tried zucchini noodles?
What is your favorite kitchen gadget?