Being Italian, I love pasta, so when I heard of making zucchini “noodles,” I had to try it. To my surprise, I loved them, especially mixing them with my favorites: tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and roasted pine nuts.
- 6 zucchinis (thinly sliced into "noodles" using a mandolin slicer)
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 6-8 oz. cooked chicken (chopped)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add all salad ingredients, except feta cheese and pine nuts, to a large bowl.
- Mix dressing, pour on top of salad and toss well.
- Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with feta cheese and pine nuts. Enjoy!